Please, join us in this prayer for the persecuted Christians in Burkina Faso. This year 2020, Burkina Faso appeared for the first time, in the World Watch List. It is ranked 28th among the fifty countries, where Christians are persecuted for their faith.
According to the report from Morning Star News, a group of religious extremists suspected to be Jihadist, attacked a church on February the 16th, during the Sunday service, and killed 24 Christians.
The attack took place in Pansi, a town in Yagha province Burkina Faso. The gunmen killed a pastor, and wounded eighteen people. Although there have been terrorist activities in the past, but no one can identify the group responsible for this attack .
Open Doors reported, that a similar strike occured on February 11, where the terrorists killed a pastor and a deacon. According to Christian Support Organization, the gunmen abducted and subsequently killed a pastor, and three other members of his family. Although they released his two daughters afterwards, but they killed his son and his two nephews along with him.
In another attack on February 10, Agence-France Presse (AFP) gathered that, suspected jihadists abducted a pastor and seven others. The people found the corpses of the pastor and five others after three days.
Based on AFP, Christians have increasingly become the target of this attack, especially in the Northern region of Burkina Faso.
Facts About Burkina Faso:
- SOURCE OF PERSECUTION: Islamic oppression
- POPULATION: 20,322,000
- CHRISTIANS: 5,157,000
- MAIN RELIGION: Islam
- GOVERNMENT: Presidential republic
- LEADER: President Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
As Open Doors observed, Burkina Faso in spite of its larger ratio of Muslim to Christian has been known, as a peaceful state until recently.
Please join us in prayer for Burkina Faso as follows:
- Let us pray, that the faith of Christians will not diminish, but shall continue to grow stronger, in the face of growing hostility.
- We ask for the strength, and the comfort of the Holy Spirit, to abide with those who lost loved ones.
- Pray, that God will used the persecution, for the expansion and the growth of the church, in Jesus’ name.
- God is still in the business of turning enemies into the preacher of the Gospel. So, let us pray that the group behind this wickedness, shall begin to have Damascus encounters, in Jesus’ name
- Ask God, to fill the heart of the government with wisdom and courage, so that they can manage the crisis aright.
- Burkina Faso is a peaceful country until recently, so let us decree restoration of peace in the name of Jesus Christ.