As women, we must stand in prayer for our husbands, because it is part of our duties as their helpmates. I think we have not yet understood the depth of that word, “helpmate” from God’s perspective. However, we are grateful to the Holy Spirit, who is the Helper of the helpers, helping us in our duties as helpmates.
The Holy Spirit revealed one of the duties of a woman in her husband’s life. Here is what Prophet Jeremiah declared, “How long will you waver, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman protects a man.” Jeremiah 31:22 (RSV).
As a woman, we have been saddled with the responsibility of protecting our husbands. Although there are different ways to achieve that, but One of the fundamental things we can do, is providing prayer covering for our husbands. We must encircle and encompass them, with prayer and intercession, because there is an adversary seeking for them. So today, we will be praying for them, as follows:
Genesis 8:1 (NKJV) “Then God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the animals that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided.”
- Heavenly Father, we ask that you remember, and fulfil Your covenant promises towards our husbands, in Jesus’ name.
- We confront and conquer every power trying to manipulate their days of remembrance, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- As women, we rise up in the authority of Jesus, and abort every conspiracy against their testimonies and breakthrough.
Genesis 9:1 (NKJV) So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.
- Father, we release Your blessing on our husbands, and we declare, that in blessing, You will bless them; and multiplying You will multiply them, in Jesus’ name.
- Oh God of heaven, increase their sphere of influence, and prosper the work of their hands in Jesus’ name.
(Mar 3:3 NKJV) And He said to the man who had the withered hand, “Step forward.”
- Our Father, set our husbands free from every limitation the enemy has placed on their lives and destinies, in Jesus’ name.
- Let every withered area of their lives, be turned around, in Jesus’ name. Lord, we decree the restoration of every lost opportunity and glory, in the lives of our husbands, in Jesus’ name.
Romans 4:20 (NKJV) He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
- Right now, we decree that our husbands will grow stronger in their faith, and deeper in the knowledge of Your ways, in Jesus’ name.
- By faith, we declare that our husbands will live to glorify the name of the Lord, in Jesus’ name.
- Now, we pronounce our husbands blessed, and declare that nothing will be able to undermine their faith, in Jesus’ name.