The Sound of Abundance
There was famine in the land of Israel for three and half years because of idolatry. The people had combined worshiping God, with serving Baal the god of the Sidonians through the influence of Jazebel the king’s wife. They could not see anything wrong in worshiping God and serving Baal at the same time.
So the Lord allowed famine to express His dissatisfaction and displeasure with the mixed worship in Israel. Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal to a contest to give the people the platform to make a choice between God and Baal.
When the people witnessed Elijah’s victory over the Prophets of Baal, they realized their error, they fell on their faces and said, the Lord, He is God; the Lord, He is God. And the bible says, Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.” (1 Kings 18:41 NKJV)
Abundance of Rain
The sound that Elijah talked about was not audible to everyone, if not there wouldn’t be any need of telling Ahab about it. There are sounds of heaven that announce the changes on the earth. Elijah was familiar with the sound of heaven, when he heard the sound of the abundance of rain, he knew without any shadow of doubt that the famine is over.
It was called the sound of the abundance of rain because rain was the solution to the prevailing challenge in the nation at that season.So it could be the sound of abundance of jobs where the need is unemployment in the nation.
It could be the sound of the abundance of children, where there has been issues of fruitlessness or barrenness. As such we will call it the sound of abundance. Today we are releasing the sound of abundance over the fifth month of the year 2020.
Let the sound of solution pervade and prevail over our lives, family, business, career, ministry, project, community, cities, and country, in 2020, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Prayer Points for May 2020
1. Let us begin to thank God for the month of May 2019. Appreciate Him for His goodness and mercy towards members of our families, in Jesus’ name.
2. Let us begin to commit May 2020 into the hands of the Lord. Ask that the sound of solution shall continually be released in our favour throughout the year, in Jesus’ name. (Ezekiel 37:7).
3. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 the sound of abundance of provision and solution shall prevail and prosper wherever there has been sound of challenges, or lack, in our families, communities, cities, and country, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:41)
4. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 the sound of abundance of profit and unquestionable results shall prevail in our lives, businesses, career, ministry and project wherever there are be sound of fruitless toiling in the name of Jesus Christ (Luke 5:4-6)
Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 the sound of abundance of healing and soundness of health, shall subdue the sound of sickness and diseases in our families, communities, cities and country, and none shall be feeble among our tribes, in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalms 105:37).
6. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 there shall be sound of abundance of peace, where the sound of crisis, rioting, and terrorism, had once prevailed in our communities, cities, and country, in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 9:31 1 Kings 4:24-25)
Further Prayer Points
7. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 every agent of darkness assigned to silence the sound of abundance in our lives, families and over our businesses, ministries, career, and project shall be executed by divine judgement, in the name of Jesus Christ (1Kings 18:40)
8. Let us declare and prophesy that the spirit of Jezebel shall not succeed in implementing the satanic sounds over the sound of heaven in our lives, homes, communities, cities and country, in the name of Jesus Christ (1Kings 19:1-3)
9. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 the still small sound of heaven shall prevail in our lives, over satanic sounds of fear and intimidation projected by the spirit of Jezebel against the children of God, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 19:1-3, 13)
10. Let us declare and prophesy that throughout 2020, we shall not miss the sound of heaven for the noise of the spectacular, and distractions from the wicked, in the name of Jesus Christ (1Kings 19:11-12).
11. Let declare and prophesy that throughout 2020 the story and the events of our lives shall be in sync with the heavenly sound of abundance, in the name of Jesus Christ (2 Chronicles 32:27-29)
12. Let declare and prophesy that all the blessings and the benefits of the sound of abundance shall be fully delivered in our favour in 2020 in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalms 105:40-41).